"In order to design the best possible user flow, you need to understand the visitor and his motivations. Start by answering these questions:"
- What needs or desires do your visitors have? Which problem do they want to solve?
- Why do they need it?
- What qualities (about your product or service) are most important to them?
- What are all the questions they have about the product?
- What are their doubts or hesitations?
- What information do they need to take action?
- What’s their emotional hotspot to propel them towards taking action?
"In order to answer these questions, you need to talk to your customers (or your clients’, if you’re a service provider). You can’t just pull the answers out of thin air. Yes, you should use buyer personas, but those should be based on actual customers and their needs."
How to Identify Your Online Target Audience and Sell More
Published by: benbrewer in UX